Thursday, November 26, 2015

Count Your Blessings ❤️

November 26

2015 has been quite a year...

To begin with, I am thankful for the Lord for blessing me with such a great year. As I reflect on 2015, I cannot remember anything else but endless memories that have helped shape me into the person I am today.

"reflect" -- get it? hehe.
I'm not sure how to write this post because there are so many people and so many things that I am sincerely grateful for. My life is blessed beyond measure and I cannot thank the Lord enough for giving me a life with family and friends who helped me grow everyday.

I am thankful that I managed to graduate high school, got into a college, and attend a university as a nursing major. I am thankful that I am surviving and that I can see a future after serving my four years. Many take their education for granted because they do not see anything beyond the homework and exams that they must do; however, education is more than that. Going to university isn't purely based on what grades you get (although it feels like that sometimes), it's about self-discovery and personal development. I have seen myself grow throughout high school and even just in my first semester of college. I am thankful that I have an access to education because many children out there do not have the opportunity to go to school and learn.

I am thankful to have a home and to have a family who has been there for me through thick and thin. This year has been quite something else for us... my older sister got married, my older brother is in graduate school, I started university, and my little sister is learning how to drive. Yet through all these changes, my parents still give us their unconditional support and my siblings and I do not feel as if we are really ever apart. I am thankful because God blessed me with a family that also loves Him and a family that cherishes the meaning of family. I am blessed because I know that no matter what I do, no matter where I go, I will always have a family that will welcome me with open arms (and several jokes questioning my existence since I rarely call them anymore).



 I am thankful for my friends -- the ones from church and the ones from school. My friends have impacted my life in ways I couldn't imagine. If you know me, you know that I have a lot of friends and each and every one has played a huge role in my life. They give me happiness, support, love, care and confidence that I lack. It's easy to be friends with someone when they are happy because you can celebrate them, but it's hard when they're sad because then they are a burden. However, I can proudly say that I know my friends will happily carry my burdens for me and help me as I go through a hard time. Growing up, it was hard to make friends... but now I know that sometimes that's actually good because you wouldn't want random people into your life. You want those who will unconditionally support you and sincerely love you and accept you for who you are as an individual. I am thankful because I have found friends who share my humor, support my career path, slap me when I'm wrong, and keep me going in the right path. God has blessed me with friends who care for me, and I am eternally thankful for that.

elaina & lauree ❤️
my Big and G
Omicron
Bestfwend
Bry ❤️
Nursing Trio
JJAM
OG +++
I am thankful for those who have tried to break me down over the years. There hasn't been many, since my life mostly consists of positivity. However, I am thankful for those who have been mean to me and to those who have broken my heart. Without you, I wouldn't have been able to grow and discover my strengths and weaknesses as an individual. I wouldn't have been able to know where to improve on and how to handle a bad situation.

Lastly, I am thankful for all the experiences I have had. There are so many stories that could be told from 2015 alone... from fun trips, hang outs, jokes, many tears that have been shed, broken ankles, broken backs, all nighters... yet the most important thing is that all those stories are what make my life amazing. The experiences that I have had, from graduating high school to joining a service fraternity in college, are the backbone to my life's purpose. I am thankful for every moment, every second, every minute, every hour, and for every memory that the Lord has blessed me with in 2015.

pledge historian
phebotomy experience

as their momma in ROTC
President in AVID
learned how to ride a bike
many years of science olympiad
fun with fellow nursing majors
my peanut butter
APO & nursing trio
all my memories with them ❤️



If you're reading this, I am most likely thankful for you as well. Give thanks to those who have made your life as it is today, whether it be good or bad. The people we encounter, even just for second, plays a huge role in our lives. We may not see the reason now, but someday we will look back to that one little second and think, "Oh... that's why that happened."

Don't only focus on the delicious food you will be eating today, but truly reflect upon everything you are thankful for.

Try to count your blessings -- it is nearly impossible.



Gobble up and I love you all. ❤️



Much sun,

Annika. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment