Saturday, January 16, 2016

Year of Growth

January 16


Oops, I haven't posted in a while...

Well, here's the summary since Thanksgiving break:
 
√ Finals week = ended with a 3.3 GPA
√ Winter Break = over on 19th
√ Lots of hiking
√ Lots of family time
√ Lots of friends x adventures
√ Lots of church time
√ Lots of reading [for fun]
√ Lots of food runs
√ LA adventures x my best friend's birthday

So, 2016: Year of Growth
This is the year I have dedicated for my own spiritual growth and mental maturity.

Since 2015 was the year of transition - high school to college, house to dorm, small to large church, dependent to independent, minor to 'adult' - it is now time to grow from the transition. Now that I have gotten used to college, new friends, long distance friendships, networking, processed food, and sleepless nights, I believe that it is time for me to spend a year for myself.

I am the type of a person who thinks that it is selfish for an individual to think about himself first before others; however, one of the things that I learned in 2015 is that it is important to spend quality time with yourself.

Palos Verdes hike - Jan 2nd
My "Resolution" for this year is to grow. I aim to grow as a Christian, as a lady, as a child, friend and student. I aim to mature, not only mentally but also emotionally and spiritually.

I have two main goals:
1) Grow in my walk with the Lord,
2) Take good care of myself.

I want to be the kind of Christian that walks the walk, rather than talks and maybe walk. I want to live the Christian life; to have a more intimate relationship with the Lord, to pray more, to be cautious of the things that I think, say, and do. My goal is to praise Him in all that I do, and to serve Him in all that I can. I don't want to be the type of Christian who only calls for the Lord when I need help or when I am buried with burdens. I want to thank Him for all that He does for me; for waking me up in the morning, for letting me arrive safely to wherever I need to be, for giving me the opportunities He has given me. I aim to read my Bible everyday and pray everyday and spend time with only the Lord.

Like what the children song says, "Read your Bible everyday, and you will grow, grow, grow." 


Apart from my spiritual walk, I am dedicating 2016 to good health. Taking care of myself doesn't only mean taking my vitamins every morning, losing 30 pounds and eating vegetables. It also means starting and  continuing  quality, daily habits. I aim to drink more water, eat healthier, keep clean (especially my room), walk more, sleep earlier and wake up earlier.I will be spending more time on meditation, making sure to keep my mind at peace and my heart at guard. 

Making my spiritual growth and physical health my first priority has never happened before; yet I believe that when I put God first, and treat my body as His temple, I will grow in ways more than I can imagine.  

So, we'll see, 2016. 

I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for me.


I'm heading back to San Diego in just a couple days - spring semester, I'm ready for you.

My quote of the year: "Let your faith be bigger than your fear;" after all, how can I fear when Jesus is near? ♫ ♬  


Much sun,

Annika


winter break through instagram - @annikadaph

No comments:

Post a Comment