Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Baseball & Star Wars

June 3rd

I stayed up until 4am this morning watching Friends and eating nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips from Trader Joe's. Judge me all you want, but I love Chandler almost as much as Monica does, okay? I cannot just simply watch one episode and go to bed. I must keep on watching until my eyes cannot take it anymore.



Anyway, I got out of bed at around 9, and watched George Lopez on TV with my older brother and the same nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips. Doesn't my summer just sound like a typical teenager's lazy summer days? 

Finally, my mother and I went to the gym for an hour, and scheduled my personal training hours for the whole month of June. I basically have training for an hour every single day, and this doesn't even include swimming or taking a walk outside (I do those two often). 

My goal this summer is to get off my butt (as you can tell, I watch too many shows) and exercise a lot and eat healthier (goodbye, chips). This will all be worth it when I become hot by the end of summer. Gotta keep up with all those beautiful San Diego girls this coming fall! 

After the gym, my brother sent me to buy groceries for dinner tonight. He wanted to make sinigang na hipon, a well-known Filipino dish (I think it's called Shrimp Stew in English). It's sour and it's yummy. I got lost at the grocery store while looking for a vegetable called kangkong, or water spinach. It took me about fifteen minutes before I found it... what a waste of time. After buying everything, I also got lost going home. 

At this rate, you're probably wondering: "Why didn't you use your GPS?" 

I did. 

And let me tell you, the GPS on an iPhone 4 sucks. 

However, do not fret. I enjoyed seeing all the fresh fish at the supermarket... it made the 45 minutes I spent driving and shopping totally worth it.

Seafood City

Sinigang na Hipon

After this eventful morning, it was time to do something fun. 

Three of my friends and I decided to go to the batting cages today, but one of them was late... so we ended up watching the first half of Star Wars episode 4 at one of their houses until the other guy finally came to meet us up. I had forgotten how old Star Wars is, and laughed at how cheesy the light sabers looked whenever Obi Wan Kenobi or Luke Skywalker opened it. Don't hate me - I enjoy Star Wars. It was just cool to see how much visual animation has improved over the years.  
when Luke was first starting to learn "The Force"


And when we finally got to the batting cages... 


I had one word in mind: awesome.

I have never been much of a baseball fan, but my whole entire church loves baseball -- mainly, the Dodgers. My best friends (the OG+++) are also mostly baseball fans (also a bunch of Dodgers fans), and four of the guys used to play it when they were younger. 

They can actually hit and understand baseball! 

Exhibit A
All i know are "Strike!" and "Homerun!" 

It's not really a national sport in the Philippines, where I grew up. It also isn't much of a popular sport in my family - my dad loves football and golf, and my siblings played tennis, basketball, and volleyball. 

So, of course, I find baseball very quite intriguing. 

For someone as uncoordinated as me, hitting a baseball is difficult. Even when I tried to put the pitching mode on softball, it was still difficult for me to hit the balls. Whenever I actually did hit a ball, it was also very painful. I can truly feel the force (HA, STARWARS) of the pitch every time the ball came to contact with the bat (and mind you, I was only hitting 40 - 50mph pitches). 

Another word: bruises. 

I currently have multiple bruises on my arms. Not really from being hit by the balls, but by accidentally hitting myself with the bat. Yeah. Despite the painful experience, I enjoyed myself a lot. It was also nice watching the guys play the sport they like so much. Maybe someday we'll watch a Dodgers game together? 

27) Go to the batting cages

After that, we quickly went to Starbucks and resumed the last half of Star Wars. 
This time, though, Fergie the kitty joined us. 

Caramel Frappucino

Fergie & the boys

That was basically my day. 

All I got to do now is study the rest of the skeletal system. 

What about you -- how was your day? :) 



Much sun, 
Annika. 





No comments:

Post a Comment