Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer Kick-Off


June 2nd

Today was one of those days when all I wanted to do was lay in bed and eat watermelon. However, I was afraid that I was going to have many of those days, so I convinced myself to get up and do something, so I don't waste daylight.

I cleaned my bathroom, washed the dishes, worked out, and organized some of my computer folders. That's productive enough, right? Then, I watched RENT. 

I love anything related to Broadway, to theater. RENT is one of my favorite musicals of all time. Jonathan Larson truly showed his artistry through the controversial topics he hit in his playwright (homosexuality, drag queens, HIV/AIDS), and through his depiction of reality for most people in New York back in the late 1980's and early 1990's. Plus, the songs are super catchy (my favorite song is Sante Fe, and my favorite character is Angel). WATCH IT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT.

movie version (on Netflix)
Other than RENT, one of my best friends since middle school came over to my house today. He isn't done with school yet, so he's actually currently doing his chemistry work (HAH, SUCKER). I took a picture of him, but you can also see ALL of the books I'm planning to read the next two weeks (I'll go more in depth about that in another post) and a grande Smore's drink from Starbucks.


Since I know there will be a lot of lazy days like today, I decided to write a list of EVERYTHING I want to do this summer. This way, I feel like I have things to accomplish. Most of them are really simple, and some of them I don't even really know -- I just kind of included it after seeing it on the "OC Summer List" of free things to do this summer (I'm a broke student, don't judge me).

Anyway, here's my list:

1) Organize EVERYTHING (room, closet, desk).
2) Get in touch with my roommate.
3) BEACH!!!
            > my friend said Thousand Steps Beach is cool to go to. I really want to go to Crystal Cove and go hiking there, too!
4) Go to an amusement park. (I guess I've done this, actually).
5) OC Fair (July 17 - August 16, noon-midnight).
6) Watch Fireworks (Disney fireworks don't count)
7) Go camping
8) Go fishing
9) Go hiking
10) Have a bonfire
11) Go to the zoo
12) Eat at a weird restaurant I've never been to
13) Journal
14) Learn how to ride a bike
              > This is one of those things I really need to learn, and I've been meaning to learn, but I'm just really uncoordinated. SUPER UNCOORDINATED. This is definitely one of my main goals this summer. #teachAnnikahowtobike YASPLS
15) Go to an Art Museum (Orange County Museum of Arts, maybe? I've been to Los Angeles County Museum of Arts multiple times).
16) Art Walk
               > Holla at my local friends -- Santa Ana's Artist Village Art Walk is on the first Saturday of every month, from 7p - 10p.
17) Tustin Street Fair!
               > Again, holla. It's this Sunday, June 7th, 11a - 5:30p)
18) Sawdust Festival
               > One of those things I don't even know. Like, if I go, will I just see a bunch of SAWDUST??? That doesn't sound too fun, but it sounds a little interesting. SO. If any of  you want to go, it is from June 26 to August 30 at Laguna Beach.
19) Night Picnic Concert/Movie
20) Movie Mondays at Segerstrom Center
21) Coastkeeper Garden
                > this is actually really close to my house, but I haven't heard of it until I saw it on the "OC Summer List." I don't know what it is either... but I am assuming it's a garden of some sort.
22) Shakespeare by the Sea @ Newport Beach
23) Read three books (I have actually expanded this, but I'm limiting myself to three because I know that I get lazy sometimes).
24) Get a haircut!
25) Take a day trip to explore San Diego
26) Lose 15 pounds
27) Go to the batting cages
28) Watch Phantom of the Opera
                 > I bought my mom and I tickets for July!
29) Volunteer at Special Olympics in July
30) Find a nursing home/shelter to volunteer at
31) Get academically ahead for college.
                 > As a graduation present, my parents got me eight Anatomy posters - all of the body systems, all of the names of all anatomy parts (yay).

they're child-sized (about a 9 year old child)

 Let me know if you want to do any of it with me, okay? :D

What's something you want to do this summer? :)




Much sun,
Annika.

No comments:

Post a Comment