Monday, June 1, 2015

The Beginning

June 1st


It's 11:11pm in Southern California, and all I can think about is, "I should start a blog." 

So I am. 

I do not exactly have a reason to write. I am only starting because I cannot fall asleep, and it seemed like a bright idea. I'm not writing to become famous and be well known on social media; I am writing for fun. Just for the heck of it. Something to do over the summer. 

Anyway, let me introduce myself. 

My name is Annika. I graduated high school last week, and I am set to attend college this fall. I am Christian, and love the simplest things in life. I don't really know what else to say about myself, but I hope you (if anyone is even reading this) stay with me throughout the summer of 2015 because I plan to write ALL ABOUT IT. I want to blog about my summer before college begins. The summer before my new college life starts! 

So. Let the adventure begin. 

So far, since my summer started on May 28th, the only real fun thing I have done is go to Disneyland for 16 hours straight with my friends. A true Californian way to start the summer. There were seven of us (we like to call ourselves OG+++). Four of us became a group back in junior year when we started hanging out in one of the math teacher's rooms, and the pluses are additions to the OG (original group) afterwards (+one's boyfriend, +boyfriend's friend, +one's another friend). 

Anyway, we decided to go to Disneyland on the 29th as a way to celebrate our freedom from high school. Despite the fact that I have been living in California for about eight years, I have only ever been to Disneyland twice. The 29th was the third time, and the real time I first experienced the magic of Disney.  

OG @ Disney
OG+++ @ School


Let me tell you something if you're not from California: you better save up some money if you want to go to Disneyland. $99 just for a day, $2.75 for water and most drinks, $1.45 FOR A PICKLE, $4 for a churro... yeah. You get the point. Don't let me bum you out, though. The food is good. But you should definitely save up. 

Other than the expensive costs, the memories I made while at Disneyland were priceless. I finally saw the castle, and went inside it (that was a little disappointing, though it still made me feel like a princess)! I finally got to ride Space Mountain, Star Tours, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and that one ride at Loony Town based on a movie I have never seen [Edit: It's called Toon Town, and the ride was Roger Rabbit, HAHA]. Of course, I rode my all-time favorites: Indiana Jones and It's a Small World. My friends and I laughed, cut lines, people-watched, and ate lots of expensive Disneyland food. There's some memories that I wouldn't mind forgetting, though... Like how that one woman nearly fainted from heat stroke while in the line for Space Mountain (my friend called a crew member, and I gave her a cold towel). Or how my friends and I ended up getting a little lost on our way to drop off another friend at 1am. 

THE CASTLE!!!

Other than Disneyland, my summer could use some more memories. 

My girl best friend throughout high school left for Nevada on Sunday, the 31st, and my group was sad about that. That's really the only word I can use to describe how we felt. Her boyfriend wouldn't let go of her every single time they were together, I cried a lot during the last two weeks of school, and we truly tried our best to spend A LOT of time with her before she left. She is one friend I really wanted to make some awesome pre-college memories with, but we can only do that when she visits this summer (which will be like, twice, but whatever). I know that it isn't the end of the world (they had to tell me about 100x), and I know it wasn't goodbye (they had to tell me another 100x), but I still couldn't help but feel as if I had lost a friend. Communicating online/through text isn't the same as seeing a friend anytime you want.  

My summer could use less memories like that. No one else I know leave this summer, okay? Wait until August when we ALL leave for college. 

ANYWAY. 

To whoever may be reading this, thank you. 
Also please keep reading because my summer will be fun (or at least, should be fun). 

Have a FABTASTIC summer, and CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2015. WE MADE IT. 

Now that we are done with the easiest phase of our lives, please do me a favor and MAKE THE BEST OUT OF YOUR SUMMER. <3 



Much sun, 
Annika.  

No comments:

Post a Comment